Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's the point of spam which is unbelievable ?

I'm getting spam from a so called bank official in Burkino Faso, Africa who wants to give me a share in an unclaimed fortune, if I return the email and facilitate him or her wanting to come to Ireland. Its crazy. No one could accept this mad proposition promising millions. So why am I getting these repeated lunatic emails? Is there an ulterior motive?At first I thought it was a friend being funny. Its not. So any ideas anyone? What's the point of spam which is unbelievable ?
No...the fact is, with the right equipment, it takes about as much time and energy to send out 100,000,000 emails to different addresses as it takes to send 10. So, they send emails to everyone in the world, hoping to land a fish...someone with some money but not really in touch with reality...or the gullable and naive...or the borderline mentally ill who still have a bit of cash...



I've recieved over 100 of these emails in the last year alone...I started making a game of replying...with suitably vulgar suggestions of my opinion of their country...it's more fun than just deleting them...

No comments:

Post a Comment