Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What happens when you mark email as "spam" or "phishing scam?"?

I sometimes place ads on Craigslist and most of the responses are for something completely unrelated to what my ad is about. Do these people even read my ad? I guess they can't get a better job, so they become spammers. I never respond to them, but I guess enough people do. Why? Why would anyone think a spam offer is a good offer? Anyway, by marking these emails as "phishing scams," are they like blacklisted from the internet or does anything really happen at all?What happens when you mark email as "spam" or "phishing scam?"?
Phishing scam alerts your ISP to the type of language these scammers use so next time something similar is sent it gets sent to your Junk/Spam box instead of your inbox

No comments:

Post a Comment