Sunday, March 4, 2012

How many messages per day can I send before it's counted as spam?

I work in the music industry so naturally I send out messages to people to promote things, I'm not a fan of spam myself and don't wish to spam people either, so what would you say is an acceptable amount of messages per day?How many messages per day can I send before it's counted as spam?
SPAM is defined as 'unsolicited mail' - so, in my view, ONE unsolicited email is too many. What is SPAM is also defined by the content of the message (typically, SPAM is advertising %26amp; phishing) - rather than by the number of people it's sent to.



Due the the large numbers of people who get caught by email viruses, many email service providers will impose a CC: 'limit', often as few as 10 or so.



However, as a Business, you will be running your own mail service server (MS Exchange or whatever) and will thus be setting your own limits (I trust your IT guy also knows enough not to allow your server to be used as a SPAM 'forwarding' source).



Your ISP is only going to get involved when large numbers of people complain (to your ISP) that you are sourcing SPAM ...

No comments:

Post a Comment