Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My yahoo account has been used to send spam twice in the last 2 weeks. What should I do?

Is there a way to close down this account so that everyone in my contact list doesn't keep getting bombarded with spam seemingly sent from my account?My yahoo account has been used to send spam twice in the last 2 weeks. What should I do?
If changing your password did not help then your computer may be infected with malware. Closing your account won't do anything as your new account will also get infected. The infection is on your computer



You need to run a full scan for viruses and malware. A virus scan alone is not enough. If you don't have an anti-malware program already you can download Malwarebytes for free



After running the scan and deleting any infected files, delete your browsing history and cookies and empty your cache



Restart your computer, then when it reboots change your email password



This should stop itMy yahoo account has been used to send spam twice in the last 2 weeks. What should I do?
Your account got compromised. First change your password. Account help.http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/acct/in鈥?/a> for just about anything to do with your account. Then run anti Virus and Anti Spyware. Should be fine then.

No comments:

Post a Comment