Saturday, March 10, 2012

A message from an individual to my email address ended up in my spam folder. No idea why. Ideas?

I've never gotten an email from him before. I have no information about him in my Yahoo account anywhere. The only thing I can think of is that he bcc'd someone who is considered spam and that's what triggered the spam filter.A message from an individual to my email address ended up in my spam folder. No idea why. Ideas?
If this is someone you know (personally), and want to keep receiving emails from him---then put his address in your Contact List (address book)---otherwise, his emails will likely continue going to the Spam folder.A message from an individual to my email address ended up in my spam folder. No idea why. Ideas?
there is one thing I can tell you that any response would be guessing. I have even had my name spammed when I sent one to myself. Lots of glitches in any email service. Just find it in your spam folder...open it up...click on NOT SPAM and that should take care of it. If you can't find it there just click on OPTIONS...MAIL OPTIONS go to the left side and click on SPAM. go to the BLOCK BOX...find the email....click on it to hilite it...click on REMOVE BLOCK and then go above and click on SAVE CHANGES.A message from an individual to my email address ended up in my spam folder. No idea why. Ideas?
If an E-mail has the look of spam, it is redirected to your 'spam' folder.

You say you never got an E-mail from him before, do you know him? If not, it probably IS spam! Do not open it; NEVER, ever open mail from some one you do not know. Opening spam alerts the sender that your address is a valid one and they send you loads and loads more.

If you do know this person and are sure the mail is from him, then go into the 'spam' folder and check mark the item you wish to keep. Click on the 'Not spam' button and it will be returned to your in box, also allowing that address to be delivered to the in box from now on. However, go in periodically and check to insure all items are spam.

Also, make sure that address is in your address book, as it helps to ensure that address as a "safe" one.
it is called "false positive" it happens all the time to all of us.. there are so many emails dropped in this fashion.. white list your friends emails... http://www.bottleonbeach.com/about.html
  • planet hollywood
  • dickey s bbq
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment