Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best free spam blocker for email these days? And can I download it from the internet?

I keep getting spam in my email. It's so bad that if I don't check and clear them almost every day, in a few days I have over 100! Please help!What is the best free spam blocker for email these days? And can I download it from the internet?
The best? = IMHO a matter of opinion ;-)



I use the free Thunderbird mail program which includes one of the most effective self learning spam filters. 1.)



The program is quite common so that You possibly can get pretrained filter files (training.dat) from friends. If not - I located one for You at the bottom of this German page 2.) It is zipped - just unpack training.zip and copy to its place, else You can probably find more filters via search engine.



You just copy the filter to Your Thunderbird Profile folder and overwrite the untrained one that is there. The profile is in Your apdata folder. Info how to find it 3.)

No comments:

Post a Comment